Roomba 650 is the best-selling robot vacuum on Amazon. And it is from the veteran company Irobot.
Is it enough to go for it? Hell No!
It is always recommended to know the key features the product came along and its considerable pros, cons and the alternatives before you actually spend your hard-earned money.
After spending hours of time in testing this robot vacuum, we have created this Roomba 650 review which delves deep into every aspect of this robot vacuum and find out whether it’s worth your money or not.
Check out: Black Friday Roomba Deals
Key Features of the Roomba 650:
This robot vacuum (Roomba 650) packs in many cutting-edge features to deliver ultimate performance.
- Design: The moment you open the box, you will get fascinated with its simple black elegant look with very few buttons including a single large clean button. Roomba 650 is 13.5 inches wide, 3.6 inches tall, and weighs 8 pounds. Being just 3.6 inches tall makes it move under the furniture and beds so easily. Overall, it is designed well and has the amazing build quality.
- 3-Stage Cleaning System: Roomba 650 delivers 3-stage cleaning system. It’s thrice!!! So that it easily picks up the dust and pet hair to the most.
- Iadapt Navigation System: The navigation system used in Roomba 650 is the most advanced well programmed Iadapt Navigation system which makes the robot adapts to your home so that you don’t have a chance to say “dust left-over there”. And don’t worry about the stairs, Roomba 650 can detect when it’s at the edge of a surface and will turn around.
- Easy to Use: Roomba 650 is very easy to use. All you need to do is just push the center large clean button and see how great it picks up each time.
- Virtual Wall Technology: The best part to talk about Roomba 650 is its virtual wall technology. You can use the virtual wall device came along to keep the Roomba away from the areas you don’t want to clean. With Roomba 650 you are going to get only one virtual wall device. You can order more virtual walls which make it much easier to use Roomba only in the spaces that need cleaning.
- Battery Life: The Battery Life is really good. It lasts 60-90 minutes depending on the terrain. And once it’s done cleaning or is running low on battery it will return back to the docking station and recharges as needed (self-charging).
- Scheduling feature: You can schedule Roomba 650 to run while you are away from home, you set it what days and times you want it to operate and it will start all by itself. The best part with Roomba 650 is you can schedule it up to 7 x per week.
- Maintenance Accessories and Attachments: In the box, you will get the Roomba itself, a self-charging base, an extra Aerovac filter, an auto virtual device and the cleaning tools (for maintenance). And one positive thing to highlight is, you can find all replacement parts on Amazon at best prices, so maintenance isn’t a big deal.
Pros and Cons of Roomba 650:
- Best all round robot vacuum with powerful suction(works great on any floor including carpet, tile, laminate and hardwood).
- One year limited warranty.
- Easy to set up, it takes as little as 3 minutes to get it ready for cleaning.
- I love its scheduling option. You can schedule up to 7x per week.
- Picks up pet hair like a pro.
- The awesome design makes it reach difficult to clean places like under furniture, sofas, and beds easily (highly maneuverable).
- The dust bin has a decent capacity.
- Easy to use.
- Smart enough to reach the dock station after cleaning and self-recharges.
- Affordable price.
- It’s not a Wifi/Bluetooth enabled. It’s 2017. Right? People are looking for Wifi connectivity option in everything. But not to neglect, the very few buttons of Roomba 650 made it easy to use (If you are still looking for a wifi enabled robot vacuum, then Roomba 690 is the best option to go for).
- Little noisy. (Not a problem, but advisable: don’t run at night).
FAQ about Roomba 650
Roomba 650 has a one-year limited warranty. Irobot offers amazing support for all their products. For complete information related to Warranty and Support, check out here.
Roomba 650 Alternatives:
Even Roomba 650 is the best robot vacuum you can go for. It’s always helpful to know about few other top robot vacuums and the features they offer before making a purchase.
- Roomba 980: To say, Roomba 980 is an expensive one but the features it came equipped with (wifi connectivity, carpet boost), and the performance it delivers makes you ignore the price completely. Check out the full review here.
- Roomba 690: These days people want to control everything from their mobile. So, there is nothing wrong to look out for a wifi enabled robot vacuum. But with an affordable price tag? Yeah. There is. It’s Roomba 690. Roomba 690 came up with an updated design with Wi-Fi connectivity option compared to its predecessor Roomba 650. check reviews here.
- Ilife v3: Ilife is well-known for their budget-friendly best-performing robot vacuums. If you are on the limited budget (under $200) then no doubt, V3 will never disappoint you. Ilife V3 works great for the price. And the most important thing to talk about V3 is its battery life. Ilife V3 works up to 90 minutes. Check out the complete review here.